Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Corben

1756-L62 Time slice

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I began to prepare my configuration in the software "Integrated architecture builder" (1st picture attached) and when i asked a general checking (see 2nd picture atached, report ), i have an error on my second network ( Ethernet IP002): => Logix System Time Slice % for CB6 on network EtherNet/IP002 exceeds the maximum allowed value.! So i'm surprised cause i'm far from the maximum number of connections. I tried to add one more ethernet card and to cut the network Ethernet IP002 in 2 parts, but percentage goes from 92% to 2 times 46% and i still have an alert. - Does someone knows why time slice is so high? -What are my solutions to reduce this pourcentage of time slice without to change PLC? Thanks in advance

46% is acceptable; the default is at 20% and probably the software "aims" for that value. If you want to sleep good at night add another subnet... Edited by dmargineau

I've never used the IAB but I looked over your post out of curiosity and I must ask. The continuous and period tasks are both of zero (0) rungs in length. Is there any chance that having 0 program length is somehow hosing the automatic calcualtaions? Some div/0 nonsense. Just a question, not an answer.

So i looked further, and in fact Continuous User Task and Periodic User Task provide an estimation of the continuous scan time, accounting for the periodic task, system task, and motion group task if i increase to 50 the number of rung in Continuous User Task => Continuous scan time increase of 4ms if i increase to 100 the number of rungs in Periodic User Task =>User task minimum period grows of 7.2ms =>Continuous scan time grows of 1ms10 =>Average logix controller utilisation grows of 5% =>Logix system minimum time slice grows of 4% So it's true there's a link with the time slice. Thanks