Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gedeon

[Siemens] FB output not necessary

5 posts in this topic

Hello, I've got a problem with outputs with Functions (FC). I wanted to create more general function than I need in my certain application - I need to see whether Word1 is greater than Word2. I've created more general function which have three outputs: "Is_greater", "Is_lesser", "Is_equal". How can I make all the outputs not necessary to bind with variable? I want to use only one output and others don't need to bother me. Thanks for answers, Luke

is your function in an FC or FB? You could use the "built in logic" as shown below.

@Moggie: It's true, I can use that (after conversion to Integer), but I want to know, whether I can make a FC/FB where one of outputs can be unconnected. I cannot see any property like "Required" (in Allen-Bradley). @Rupesh PLC Dr: I cannot find anything concerning my question on this site. Beside adverts. greetings, Luke

In your first post you said you had produced an FC - can you post a screen shot as I am having trouble understand what you want? Edited by Moggie

FB's you can, FC's you can't
1 person likes this