Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
farhan yousuf

upload data from schneider XBTGT 5230 HMI?

5 posts in this topic

i am facing a problem to upload the data from hmi. i have a Schneider XBTGT5230 HMI and making a connection through Ethernet. first of all i made a dummy programme by using vijeo designer software and connect to my laptop by using Ethernet connection my programme was successfully downloaded but when i upload the programme through hmi by using data manager through this retrieve the data but i got a message "Target cannot specified". One more thing i have also upload the data from vijeo designer software through the Upload Editor Project but i got a message that was "upload editor project fail". i am not using CF card i just want to upload the data through internal memory of hmi. i have followed all procedure but i failed to upload the data please help me as soon as possible. thanks, regards, farhan

You can not upload editor project from hmi without CF card installed. And you have to select the choice include editor project to be able to download.

Thanks for your reply but i installed cf card and then upload project data but it can,t. data installed in an internal memory.

In the target properties you must specify to download "file system" Enable "include editor project" User Application you must select secondary drive (your cf card) Your path must be selected to the cf card reader path. This way the program sits on the cf card and loads from there everytime you restart the screen. Also if you want realtime data saved on cf aswell you have to select the secondary drive under "enviroment" "data files" You can then upload the program and logged data from the data manager tool. You also cannot use a generic cf card as you will find errors. Sometimes they work for somethings other things not. So either buy a schneider cf card or instead of using a cf card just use a usb memory stick. From version 5 or 6( not sure which one) you can use generic memory stick as an optional drive. Just check the help file as they do need to bee formatted correctly (cant remember if its NAT or Fat32)

They are correct; the only way to read from a VJD file on a HMI is the CF card/USB as CHuD says. FYI. The CF card has to be less than 1GB. Kingston make CF cards are Still available at photography stores. You've to really look for these things. I got one from my 10 year old camera for a project. Many older HMIs don't boot up from a USB stick.