Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Omronplc

NT11S

33 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I need to find out how I can upload existing NT11S program that ran my work machinery. The existing NT11S screen backlighting is ready to go out and others operator sometimes can't see the program. So I would like to upload the existing program and download it to the new NT11S that should be here within the next few days. Any directions on how I can do this would be greatly appreciated. I have worked with Allen Bradley but not Omron, but just got hired on to work in this facility so I am learning to deal with Omron.

Start with the downloads from this post. help for terminal NT11s with plc omron cqm1

I have the software, what communication cable do I need? I have read the transfer tool manual, but still don't understand what cable i would need to transfer a program on this NT11S. Again, the machine is still operation it just the existing NT11S backlighting is ready to go out on this machine. So I would like to download the program in this NT11S so I could have a back up. New NT11S has been ordered and should arrive in a few days.

I dont have the time to find it for you right now, but go to Omron website and download the manual for NT11S. If my memory is good at the end of the manual they show the pinout for making your own cable. All you need is 2 DB9 connectors and, i think, a 3 conductors wire. When ready to connect for upload, you have to hold button(s) ( dont remember if it is F1 or F4 or both) while power-up to put the HMI in transmit mode.

The cable can be found here at Mr PLC.com: Omron Universal Cable for Omron 9 Pin Port

Can I use 9 pins male and 9 pins female, one go to my laptop the other go to NT11S?

Can someone please confirm this: to upload the program inside the NT11S i either have to hold down F1 or F4 or both? while power-up to put the HMI in transmit mode.

From p.61 of V084-E1-01 manual: (could be different page from another version of the manual) Procedure 1. Switch on the power to the NT11 with two function keys held down to display the System Menu, then change the system settings. For the method for calling the System Menu, refer to 3-3-3 Operations with the System Menu (page 62). In other words, any 2 of the 4 "F" keys... I suggest you download this manual, there are answer to your last 2 (and probably next) questions... Edited by pfort

Thank you for clarified these questions for me. I did read the 115 pages not all answers are understood by myself or I was not sure of. that's why I would like to confirm with anyone on here that might have done this before. I am new to omron, but very knowledge in Allen Bradley. It just seem like there are many steps for upload and download process then AB. So thank you for everything.

Yes there is one step ( put in transmit mode) with old NT serie, but with actual NS you just plug a 3$ USB cable and download (or upload).

Look to me the program that's in this NT11S has a Ver.1.2 and the free download is Ver.1.0 should I still able to upload the program in this NT11S. Or will I need to purchase a newer Ver. Software? I put the NT11S on transmit but nothing happen in the transferring tool. Anyone can help, please do. Thx

No it will not happen alone..... Assuming your software is NTST, after you get the HMI in Transmit Mode, go to menu : Connect -> Download -> Application (Or shortcut Ctrl+Shift+D) (Or for upload, Connect -> Upload -> Application (shortcut Ctrl+Shift+U)) Edited by pfort

No. Use 5 pin from the computer to 9 pin on the NT11S.

Can you clarify the 5 pins from computer to 9 pin on the NT11S? Is there a cable layout pins for this.

Hi jay, I make the 9 pins cable but it didn't do anything after plug into my laptop and nt11s. According to Pfort I need 5 conductors but I looked into this and now completely lost as to which cable would work. Do I need a 25 pins or 9 pins? Very confused.

Hi Pfort, According to the Appendix E, I would need 5 conductors but do I use (2) 9 pins or (1) 9 pins and (1) 25 pins I am very confused even after reading the manual. Please explain? Sorry for asking too much, but I am very lost on this cable.

Forget the first diagram with the DB25. Make your cable as the second diagram, with 2 DB9 connectors. Yes you will need a 5 conductors cable. If you prefer you can make the universal cable described on link from Jay Anthony. If your computer has no serial connector, you will need a USB to serial adapter.

Yes, my computer does have a DE9 connection and its working. I did make a cable to the diagram that Anthony provided. According to the diagram pins female 7-8 shorted and. Male 4-5 shorted. So there should just be 3 conductors if its a universal cable and this should work?

According to this diagram: (Female --> male) 2 --> 2 3 --> 3 5 --> 7 7 --> 5 8 --> 4 4&6 of female shorted 7&9 of male shorted So you need 5 conductors Edited by pfort

According to the instruction, please verifiy? RTS/CTS can be connected or jumpered on each end. But, RTS/ CTS cannot be used on Cvxxxx PLCs and MUST be jumpered on the computer side.

I didn't read instructions, the diagram is clear. I have a better advice for you, why dont you call your Omron distributor, and order a cable? (XW2Z-S002)

Thank you again Pfort, you have been a great help for me and I am thankful for people's like yourself and others on here, it's just I wasn't sure when reading this wiring instruction and making sure. I will take your advised and make that cable as you have provided to me. Again,thank you.

Hi Pfort, Whats Ver. NTST will support window XP there was a conflict on the forum on V4.6 or 4.7 can you please confirm this version

What is your version and what problem did you have?