Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
munir321

omron cpm1a

6 posts in this topic

hi, i am using omron cpm1a plc in a project in which i have to communicate it to thinget op 20 which follows 232 protocol the problem is, the communication port in omron cpm1a has 20 pin d type connector i just want to know the tx rx nd gnd pin in that port so that i can make a null modem cable to communicate it with op i have searched a lot the only thing i found was c1f01 adapter which gives out through a lot easier db9 port in that case also what is the purpose of that adapter if it is simple 232 communication

Even with the CIF* cable, you will not be able to do "No Protocol" or raw RS232C communications. That port is only capable of Host Link, PC Link and NT Link protocols. Nor does the CPM1A contain instructions for raw RS232C communications. The comparable PLC to do what you want is the CPM2A although you would be better off using the much newer CP1L with an RS232C snap in module.

thanks IO_Rack for the reply i dont think its a raw 232c communication the module that omron offers is hard to find here more over i am looking for some assistance in developing the interface between cp1a and an 'xinje op 20' bypassing the module the protocol that xinje follows is simple rs232 i found out some ways of converting 232c to a 232 protocol hope some one can help me here

You will need the CPM1-CIF01 communication adapter. This device will convert the 20 pin peripheral connector to a DB9 serial port. The 20 pin peripheral connector will not connect directly to RS232 serial signals, from what I understand. The peripheral connector was designed to work with the handheld programming device and I believe it is using a CMOS signal level. Someone else may be able to verify this information. Hope this will help.

No, I don't think so. I've maked a cable with DB9 pin and the 20 pin peripheral connector and It worked very well with all series of CQxx, CPxx of Omron PLC. I share pinout cable to everyone. http://www.4shared.com/photo/ckeaeriG/Cap_cho_PLC_CPM1_2A.html Edited by TUANLT

Tuanlt, can you upload again the DB9/ 20 pin peripheral connector schematic? What is the name/manufaturer of the 20 pin connector? Thanks!