Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
controls gd

ENCODER COUNT IS RESET WHEN POWER IS OFF

9 posts in this topic

I AM USING ENCODER IT GIVES VALUE,EVERYTHING IS FINE,BUT WHEN I PRESS EMERGENCY STOP OR POWER IS GONE THE VALUE IS GOING TO BE ZERO.I USE D1000 REGISTERS,I WANT RETENTIVE MEMORIES FOR THAT.

Set Latch settings on the devices you use for encoder. E.g. latch are set to D0-D999 in the picture. Adjust as you wish.

i already tried but its not happened.the value is going to be reset when power gone.

Did you power off or reset the PLC using the switch on the PLC? Do you have the possibility to upload your project?

First off, I would use the Latch 2 range. Now, how do you get the encoder value? Dicrete Input(s) Profibus or other fieldbus High speed input card Let us know and we will advise you from there. How it will basically work is that you will write code to keep a copy of the last valid value of the encoder. If a power failure occurs, or an emergency stop is pressed, the new value from the encoder is ignored and restored to the last valid value (which is stored in a register).

Thank you. Now you could use special relays SM53/SM402/SM403 to create a little program to set the preset value (BFM #0,1 for CH1 and BFM #20,21 for CH2) to the last encoder value before the power failure. The manual contains the detail on how to set the preset encoder value (Chapter 5.4).