Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimJ11

multliple hosts

2 posts in this topic

Hello all, I'm new to Omron, although I've been working on them for the past several months. The project I'm on now is editing existing systems. We are using an Omron PT, NS15-TX0[x]-V2 is the generic HMI Model. CX-Designer V3.111 is the HMI software. We are also using Omron, CS1H-H, CPU65, 10MB RAM as the PLC Model. CX-Programmer V9.4 is the PLC software. The PLC handles all of the control algorithms for the cell and robots, while the HMI communicates with the PLC for control only via ethernet. Data is collected and displayed from the robot controllers via ethernet. So our communication topology looks like this: PLC <--> HMI <--ROBOT PLC <--> ROBOT The problem we are encountering is when adding new robots, Yaskawa, NX and DX controllers, some of the screen information displays, and some does not at the customer's site. We are running the simulation software here in our office and are experiencing the same phenomena. There are a myriad of details, issues, non-funcitioning screen objects, and questions I have, but this is the fundamental situation: It appears that some of the robot controllers are recognized as valid hosts and some aren't. They are all listed in the System Comm--Comm Setting tab and were all entered into the ethernet table at the same time. The IP addresses have been checked and double checked. I've gone through everything I can think of and cannot resolve this issue. Is there a commisioning method I don't know about? If interested, there are quite a few things going on in the HMI that I can't explain or fix, and I can get some screen shots if that helps, but I'm hoping if I can get all of the robots recognized as valid hosts, all the other problems will go away. Thanx to all who've given answers to questions in the past, and a big thanx in advance for any suggestions offered here, Tim

Sounds like you could be in the wrong mode of Cx-Designer. Depending on if this machine was originally developed over seas it could have been created in one of the other modes of Cx-D. Follow the following instructions to change modes. P = template devlopoper mode T =Modbus TCP Mode L =DataLogger Mode D =Developer Mode M =Mitsubishi Mode N =Expansion CIP Device Mode 1. Open Cx-D 2. Select Help, About Cx-Designer 3. With the info window open hold "CTRL" + "SHIFT" + "letter from above" 4. Restart Cx-D 5. To change back to standard mode just follow the above steps again. I would say you should first try Expansion CIP device mode. Scott