Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
avinash

LOSS OF SERVICE.THE SERVER RNA://$LOCAL/APPLICATION NAME RSLINX ENTERPRISE ON COMPUTER (PCNAME)

5 posts in this topic

Hello i m using factory talkview ME 6.00 , RSLINX Enterprise 5.50.04, RSlogix v20. When i do the configuration in comm. setup it seems to be ok, but in my tag browser my application name does not show me any online or offline tags . I have define the shortcut path, offline file , & copy it from design to runtime ,in this it shows that shortcut path is assigned , file found, path to runtime file is assigned , everything is ok but the message appears LOSS OF SERVICE.THE SERVER RNA://$LOCAL/APPLICATION NAME RSLINX ENTERPRISE ON COMPUTER (PCNAME) (PRIMARY )IS NOT LOADED I have tried 1. uninstall factory talk view 6.00 many times & reinstall ,or switch to factory talk 5.10 2. UNinstall RSlinx Enterprise & install again Tried many things but its not working at all The only option remaining is to format the laptop and reinstall all .If any one can help please do.....

What OS are you running on the PC?...and what revision of FactoryTalk Services?

OS is windows xp professional sp3 & factorytalk service version is 2.50(cpr9 sr 5)

I am afraid you will have to do a clean re-install for all the FT Services and FTVS since the FT Local Directory Server is not available.... Uninstall in this order: 1. FTVS 2. Windows Firewall Configuration Utility 3. RSLinx Enterprise 4. FT Services Platform then back-up the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application\Data\Rockwell directory and then Delete it. Reboot the PC and then install the software in the opposite order of uninstalling it (4, 3, 2, 1) Hopefully this solves the issue.

I did what u said , but the same problem is here & it is occuring for new applications also..