Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kurokage

gt designer 3 and gt designer 2

4 posts in this topic

i want install gt designer 3 but can gt designer 3 read file gt designer 2? when download file to hmi use gt designer 3 can gt designer 2 read and upload it from hmi?

I'm fighting with almost the same thing! I'm trying to go from GT to GT3 & can't convert a A9GOTP file.

Works fine. You can open GT Designer or GT Designer2 files in GT Designer3. I have done all of these. If you save a project in GT Designer3, you won't be able to open that file in GT Designer2. The old software cannot read the new files. But this is usually the case. You should be able to upload in GT2 even if you download in GT3. The format of the data in the GOT can't change. It still only works one way. Just remember also if you are programming 900 Series GOTs, you will program them in GT Designer2 Classic, which comes with GT Works3. You just have to install it separately from the second CD. The only time to open those old programs in GT Designer3 is when you convert them forward to GOT1000 projects.

My version of GTD3 won't open GT file, only GT2. To convert from GT, I have to open and save in GT2, then open in GT3.