Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
robh

Write Screen Number To DM Area Of PLC

7 posts in this topic

Is it possible to write the current screen number of a NS10 to a specific DM area of a C200H?I have been looking through manuals but haven't figured it out / found it yet. Thanks, Rob

It's already written to the PLC memory allocated as the NS's Notify area. You'll find the break out the the Control and Notify area in the Programming Manual.

My statement above is true for the NT series touch screens. The NS is slightly different. The same memory location which is used to switch the screen from the PLC is also used to notify the PLC, but only after the Screen Switch Strobe has been issued by the NS. The setting for your $SB and $SW are found from the PT menu item, System Settings, Initial tab.

You have to choose a "D" address in $SW Allocation Address (It is possible to put there a NS internal address) As usual a screenshot will explain better than me in english

Thanks for the responses. So if I put the correct DM address into $SW Allocation, then it will write (or PLC will read) the current screen number correct? Thanks, Rob

DM, HR, CIO, up to your choice....

Thanks for the help! Appears to be doing what I want now. Rob