Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CFL

Connecting to Micrologix1000

5 posts in this topic

I posted this elsewhere on here but I'm very anxious to find a solution. I am new to PLC's and to computers for that matter. I cannot figure out how to get my cable driver to work. I bought the cable on PLC Cables.com ( Allen Bradley USB-1761-CBL-PM02). I am using Windows 7. I don't know how to install the driver. Thanks in advance.

Are you using RSLinx? If so go to Communications, configure drivers, select your driver from the "available drivers" drop down menu, click on add new, click OK for the name, on the next window click on auto configure.

Thanks for responding. I am talking about the device driver for the cable itself. PLC Cables.com has some videos on youtube explaining how to install the driver but they are using Vista and I'm using 7.

My guess is you are using 64-bit Windows7. Is your USB driver for 64-bit? Edited by Sergei Troizky

Well, that depends. There are two drivers to download, one is for cables pre 7/09/11 which is not compatible Windows 7, and the other is for those made after which is good for 32 and 64 I believe. I have a feeling that I have a bad or incorrect cable.