Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sleepy Wombat

ADAM 4520 connection problem

4 posts in this topic

I recieved the following email.... Ok you got the comm;s going with RS232...thats half the battle...at least that works... Am i right to assume that the ADAM connects to the GE9030 and the RS422 goes to the screen ? I am sorry but i am not familar with the GE9030. I am sure that it is probably a cabling issue or a setup issue in either the comm port on the screen or the GE9030...

Maybe Steve Bailey could give us a hand on the GE 9030 serial port pin out. I'll also repost this over in the GE section because I know Steve checks it.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention Jay, There are a number of possibilities for serial ports on a 90-30. Every 90-30 has an RS422 port on the power supply. Pinouts can be found in the manual GFK-0356q, available at the GE Fanuc website: http://www.geindustrial.com/cwc/gefanuc/su...sIO/s9030-m.htm CPU models CPU351, CPU352, and CPU363 each have two additional serial ports. One of these is identical to the 15 pin port on the power supply. The other is an RS232 port and uses an RJ11 connector. Pinouts are also in GFK-0356q. You can also install a serial communications module IC693CMM311. This has two ports (but only one 25-pin connector). One port can be either RS232 or RS422; the other port can only be RS232. Pinouts can be found in the manual GFK-0582d. The port on the power supply uses SNP protocol. All others can be configured to use either SNP, CMM or Modbus (RTU).

Thanks, Steve! We'll take a look and see if we can match it up.