Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CodeBanger

984 385E

6 posts in this topic

I have a 984 385E I'm trying to communicate with. I was getting error 120 "bad checksum". I believe that was a cable error. I'm now getting error 114, "Unexpected address/function code recieved" I'm using modsoft 2.31 on Windows 95 My cable is 1-n.c., 2-3, 3-2, 4&6 jumpered, 5-5, 7&8 jumpered, 9 n.c. I have the dip switches set as the manual and modsoft describe. I don't find a Modbus port 1 toggle switch on the 385E. Serial Port is set to 9600 baud, 8 bit, even parity, 1 stop, flow control None. Modsoft is set to address (tried ) 1 and 2 etc., RTU, 8 bit, even, 1 stop, 9600 baud, com1 I'm sure there are many out there that have gone thru this. Is there an easy solution? (Laugh) Is there a document that describes the error codes and solutions?

I think you are getting close. Try running in DOS mode. The Modbus protocol is VERY timing sensitive. Modbus needs to have all the CPU time because Windows virtuallizes the serial ports. If you do run in a DOS window then make sure that the DOS window is not sharing the CPU with other programs. I think this is called exclusive mode.

Tried runing it from Dos but still get error 14. I'm trying to download a new program. Is there any quirks with doing that?

Hello, Is there an internet page where one can download software to program Modicon PLC (Taylor Software, ProWorx NxT or 32, Concept, Modsoft)? Are there other software? Thanks

Pascalv: I'm sure you've seen enough posts on these forums to know that talking about pirating software or license numbers or cracks is not allowed. Here's your choices for Modicon Software: ProWORX NXT is obsolete, replaced by ProWORX 32 (which sucks) Fastrak (www.fast-soft.com) PLC Workshop for Modicon Concept (Modicon package, list price near $5000) Modsoft (Modicon package, old dos product, end of sale 2001) Graysoft is now Fastrak, see above Taylor was bought by Modicon (at least the Modicon software was), and it was summarily destroyed and made into ProWORX NXT (also see above) For my money, I would recommend Fastrak or Concept (of course this depends deeply on your budget.

Chris, Thanks for the information. I was not talking about piracy software, but it is not always obvious to find program for old PLCs.