Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nosno4us

word registers

3 posts in this topic

Hi: I have just registered and this is my first post. If I mess up please excuse me. I am using a A/B SLC 500 with a 5/05 processor. My question is: I am using a 1 second pulse from a timer to time the filling of a tank. When it is full, I move the .acc from my counter to N7:0. When the next fill time comes, how do I automatically send it to N7:1. The BSL or BSR just shift bits and not words. I will probably need to do this between 500 and 1000 times. Thank you in advance for the help, as you can read, I need all the help I can get.

Welcome to the Forum! SLC Data Tables are limited to 255 Elements, so you are going to have to break it up if you want to save that many Data Points. You can allow the PLC to Index across Data Files, but this has its down sides as well. Look at an Instructions called FFL and LFL, you can also use Indexed Addresses or Indirect Addresses. SLC Instruction Reference: http://literature.ro...rm001_-en-p.pdf Stu....

Do a little research on indexed and indirect addressing on a SLC. Will post more when I get back to my pc.