Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Edy

Problem sending pulses to the stepper motor driver Wantai.

5 posts in this topic

I have a PLC CP1L-L29DT-D and I'm trying to send pulses through the instruction @ PLS2 (887) to a stepper motor driver Wantai DQ860MA. And I am not succeeding would like to help me please. Driver's specifications are as follows: http://www.wantmotor.com/ProductsView.asp?id=271&pid=82

What specifically is not working? Do the LEDs on then outputs of the CP1L appear to be turning on when you command by PLS2? If so, then it is most likely a wiring problem or setup of the stepper. If the outputs are not turning on, then it is a programming problem.

Not only consider the puslses but also if its a NPN or PNP connection. The wiring of the PLC would be different depending on it!

I'm doing use pulse out to driver of step motor too, I use the ACC instruction to pulse out and INI instruction to Stop , if you use INI instruction then step motor will be stop sudden! Example: pulse out.bmp

Yes, and this is exactly what the immediate stop INI instruction should do. So what is your question? If you want to decelerate to stop, execute the ACC instruction again, with desired deceleration rate and zero target speed. And why are you using hexadecimal values, not decimal ones? Edited by Sergei Troizky