Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cdisher

Option To Using Panelview

6 posts in this topic

Recently I wrote a small perogram in a ML 1000 and had wanted to use a panelview to preset the timer values. The project is to replace an obsolete mechanical timer. The problem is that the panel view will not operate in low temperatures. Does any one know of a substitute that will not be temperature sensitive? Thanks

I have the knowledge that liquid crystals do not operate in temperatures drops, due to structure molecular. The equipment, that use display with temperature of work, below zero normally they are lightened. Do not I know about the IHM with this temperature work

Possible HMI operate under zero,inform => gemma.ringwood@cksholdings.com

I find: Survivor-C15 - GE Survivor-Wildcat - GE http://www.cdynamics.com/pdf/svcw15.pdf http://www.cdynamics.com/pdf/svc15.pdf :-p

You probably can't afford a flatscreen PC with an "elborate thermal management system" to act as a data table tweaker for a MicroLogix. Most LCD's just won't operate below their freezing point; they need to be LIQUID ! All PanelViews use liquid-crystal technology in one form or another so if you need this to function below freezing you'll need a solid-state display like Vacuum-Fluorescent or Light-Emitting Diodes. Maple Systems makes a VFD display whose specs say it operates down to about -10 degrees Celsius, the OIT4160B. OptiMate makes an LED display that lets your adjust one varaible at a time; they sell several models like the OP-413 and OP-414 through Automation Direct. The specifications only say it operates down to zero C, but I would give an LED terminal a better chance of working at low temperatures (as long as there's no frost !) than an LCD terminal.

Thanks Ken: The LED device sounds the most promising. When you are dealing with farmers, most are not willing to invest in "Fancy Stuff". I'll check it out. Thanks for your assistance.