Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
skotlyc

Turck RFID information to Control Logix Processor

3 posts in this topic

Hello all, I was given the task of finding a way to get RFID information from our Turck handheld, wireless RFID reader down to a Control logix processor. The idea was to create a queue database for upcoming production runs; meaning we would like to read 10 RFID tags and then wirelessly get all 10 of the read tags down to the processor for queuing up production. The handheld RFID device is running a windows CE operating system with proprietary Turck software for the RFID read and write functionallity. The software has the ability to save the information in a text format. I'm also using a Red Lion Crimson HMI. Everything is connected to a machine network and right now I'm attempting to access the files from the RFID reader wirelessly from a computer. Anybody have suggestions? I'm still pretty new to the allen bradley platform (huge upgrade from my previous days of the Automation Direct stuff), and am not familiar with all of its capabilities. Thanks Scott

Scott, find out if turck software has some sort of opc or dde interface. I you have a txt file does it give you the option for csv?

turck has line of own controllers such as BL67 which easily integrate their RFID readers. then on the logix side you can map BL67 as ethernet device. they have some sample files for both sides (BL and CLX). BL is programmed in CoDeSyS, you just need to get Turck libraries (both are free).