Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rockjulle

Report system error

2 posts in this topic

Hi. I have been recommended to use siemens basic panel KTP1000PN but no matter how I try I cannot configure the report system error function described in: https://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/llisapi.dll?func=cslib.csinfo&objId=22533916&load=treecontent?=en&siteid=cseus&aktprim=0&objaction=csview&extranet=standard&viewreg=WW. Does anyone have experience of this? At siemens support they tell me that the panel they have recommended does support report system errors but after googling I have found engineers writing that it doesn't. The KTP1000PN is a basic panel, if I instead configure a multipanel, the configuration runs smoothly. Does anyone have any experience of this so I can be sure? Thanks.

No experience with KTP1000PN. But you are probably using it with a PN CPU, right ? If so, may I suggest that you enable the webserver on the CPU. That will allow anyone to view the diagnostics buffer with a webbrowser. And that is essentially the same information you have with RSE. It is not so far-fetched, because HW errors must be rare, and if it does happen it will not be such a big deal to ask people to hook up a PC to diagnose the problem. NB. Enabling the webserver costs approx 200 kB on the MMC card.