Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ace21122112

FX1S and RS instruction (gx developer)

8 posts in this topic

Like to know how to make a RS instruction work using a FX1S PLC (I'm told its supposed to) See attached... As I understand it when I close X1 contents of D1 - D4 should transmit out but I cant get any activity (using null modem cable connected to computer running Serial Communicator program) Not interested at this point in recieving anything back hence the D5 as a dummy recieve destination [D] and 0 as number of words in data elements[n]. When I test I get nothing not even any activity on the status LEDs of the 232-BD so somethings amiss rstest.zip

You can use the RS on the FX1SWhere's your port configuration?? You need to set initial parameters in D8120 - speed, parity, noprotocol +++What are you connecting to?? (e.g. Computer needs a crossed cable, not a straight)Did you enable RTS/CTS on the other device? If you don't have this possibility, you will need to short 1-4-6 and 7-8 on both sides - this ensures that data can always be transmitted without using hardware control signals

Try 4-6 jumper on the PLC side connector (first disconnect the cable wires, if any, from these pins).

They are supposed to be enabled However to break the test down to be simpler I have another cable that I cut up... If I connect 1-4-6 together and 7-8 together and leave rest of wires open should I not still at least see activity on the LED's? As far as D8120 is concerned You mentioned to me one other time how to change it was it in the project tree >> parameter >> PLC system[2] If so I have Operate communicatin setting - checked Protocol -Non procedural data length 7 Parity - Even Stop bit -1 transmission speed 9600 header - unchecked terminator - unchecked control line - unchecked H/W type -regular/RS-232C Control Mode - Invalid Station number setting 00 time out judge time 1ms However interestingly enough D8120 seems to be still 0

rstest2.zip

Correction D8120 now shows 134

Did you cycle the power on the PLC after getting correct value in D8120?

Ya I found out value in D8120 doesnt change untill power is cycled. Any way after a bit more research I found that my missing link was not setting M8122 alls good now