Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
christyarmstrong

Career Opportunities - Controls Engineers

5 posts in this topic

I am a recruiter out of South Bend, Indiana Area. I am working on two opportunities for Controls Engineers for clients. Electrical Controls Engineer - Minster, OH - will relocate Client is a world class supplier of equipment and services for the material forming industry and provide single source total solutions for manufacturing equipment and services. Duties: Provide application/control systems design and development of industrial equipment and automation products. Evaluate and develop new system solutions for industrial equipment and automation products. Qualifications: •A minimum of a BS in Electrical, Computer or Mechatronics Engineering required. Advanced study or degree in similar field considered. •Minimum of five to seven years work experience in industrial controls or factory automation. •Specific experience in mechatronics, multi-axis servo technology and robotics simulation in a manufacturing or factory automation setting. Experience in simulation. •Experience in object oriented programming languages i.e. VB.net, C ,C++. Controls Engineer - Hot Stamp - Goshen, IN - will relocate Client develops and produces innovative products – always with a focus on safety, the environment and efficiency. As a full-service supplier, it serves virtually every major automotive manufacturer in the world, with customer-oriented solutions from within a broad range of products and services. Design, troubleshoot, and improve electrical and electronic control systems for new and existing equipment. Primary Responsibilities • Evaluate and improve machine safety conditions for plant personnel. • Initiate and implement repairs and improvements on line coverage. • Investigation of production and quality issues using problem solving and root cause analysis techniques. • Research, test, and purchase parts and new equipment along with monitoring existing stock. • Planning and design of new projects regarding both in-house projects and new line startups. Knowledge / Skills / Abilities Required Education: • BS in Electronics or Electrical Engineering. Required Work Experience: • 2-3 years engineering experience, preferably in the automotive industry. Required Technical Skills: • Proficient in Allen Bradley and Siemens PLC programming, ABB robot programming, automation interfaces, networking, and Microsoft applications. • Experience in reading and creating electrical schematics. If you are interested in positions, please send resume or call: Christy Armstrong Sr. Recruiter Career Transitions carmstrong@careertransllc.com 574-968-1860 x110

I think your expectations for the 2nd job are unrealistic. You have listed: 2-3 years engineering experience, preferably in the automotive industry. Proficient in Allen Bradley and Siemens PLC programming. It takes a smart AB guy about 2 years to migrate to Siemens. Having a person with only 2-3 years of experience and the skill sets you are asking for is a very very long shot. I hope the pay matches the requirements.

thanks for the feedback. The Job Description was given to me by my client so that experience level is outlined by them. What would you advise to be the appropriate experience level for someone like this? Pay is $70k-$75k in the Midwest. Edited by christyarmstrong

I concur....I hate Siemens....yucky....

Siemens is not easy to learn, and typically commands a higher salary in the US. For what you are asking I would expect the person to have 5-10 years and would need a larger salary. If you drop the Siemens requirement, then you should have lots of folks that meet the specs. Just my 2cents worth.