Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ones_and_zeros

.apa is not a valid archive file?!

3 posts in this topic

I'm running factory talk view studio 5.10.00 on my machine at work. I recently downloaded an application into a pv+. Since I last downloaded I have changed machines. Now when I try to restore this application into studio, it tells me the .apa is not a valid archive file. Could this have anything to do with changing computers? I uploaded the .mer file, but I can't convert it to .apa. Any help is appreciated!

this probably is NOT your problem – but it won't hurt to mention it ... are you sure that you're trying to open the ME-type file with the ME-type software? ... case in point: a customer recently sent me an APA file and told me (incorrectly) that it was an ME-type file ... I spent the better part of a day getting exactly the same error message that you've reported ... just on a hunch, I tried opening the APA file with the SE-type software ... it opened up just fine ... seems the customer had gotten confused ... as I said, since you're (apparently) the only one working with the file, I doubt that this is your problem – but check your FactoryTalk View software to make sure that it matches the ME vs. SE file type that you're trying to open ... and welcome to the forum ...

I checked to make sure my studio software matched the ME file type and it did. I was able to find an application with an older date and it opened up just fine. I'm not sure if it has to do with our version updates vs. the version downloaded, but it's all taken care of now. Thanks for the help!