Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
denise01

Alternating Screens

12 posts in this topic

Hello, Is it possible to alternate two screens at run time. I want to display a Production Count in Digital Figures and then switch to a Graph displaying the data. I couldnt find any reference to this in the Manual. I dont want to split the pages because the display is shown on a Monitor. Regards Peter

Can you not use a script with open screen and close screen. Banker

Will try that Banker. Sounds too easy to bee true. Regards Peter

Hi, Trying to be a smartass here, but if the pages are set as "Replace" type then you only need to Display them and they automatically close those underneath So an On Condition Script with expression $Second should do it with script IF $Second > 30 THEN Display ("GraphPage") ELSE Display ("FiguresPage") ENDIF Or similar - you get the idea. Regards, BB

Hi Bertie, In the end I used Display"Page Name" ==30seconds and then Close"Page Name"== 55 seconds. It works okay. I need to learn more VB Script especially for timing purposes. the demos on Supervisor dont really deal with that side. Regards Peter

VB Script isn't unique to CX-S. Thereare loads of resources on the internet concerning it. Pp

Okay Parrafin Power, will take a look. Regards

You would be better trying to stick with CX-Supervisor scripting & master that before trying to understand VB script in CX-S. Bertie, am I correct in recalling that the VB script is limited, perhaps more to that of VBA? I remember trying to do something in CX-S VB script similar to VB in another application & it did not work the same as expected, may of even posted here about it..

Hi Both, lostcontrol is right: VBScript is different (and less functional) to the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) you see in Excel. VBA is also different to Microsoft's "Visual Basic" programming language. The keyword syntax and basic functions for each is the same, but each have their own extras and quirks so you have to be careful finding the right examples. Microsoft created VBScript to challenge JavaScript and it is THE client side scripting language used by Internet Explorer so is still pretty extensive. Tip: Little known, but Omron install the VBScript helpfile. Press the Windows key and type VBS55.CHM to find the description of every keyword and function! A must for any VBScript user! The functionality and performance of VBScript and CX-Supervisor script is very similar. Even indistinguishable, apart from the minor syntax differences with semicolons, brackets and equals signs (drives me ). CX-Supervisor scripting was written first, and uses Omron's own compiler (they really know their stuff!) so was most used. But then Microsoft come along with VBScript with loads of support and general examples on the Internet. For me VBScript might just win over, as it works well with ActiveX controls (simple dot syntax) and ALSO includes some useful activex objects (shell object, file system object etc). But whichever you use you just need some basic programming background or training to get in the zone. Regards, Bertie.
1 person likes this

Many Thanks Bertie. Do I access the help file through Supervisor or is it through Microsoft. Regards
1 person likes this

Hi, Just to clear that up... VBS55.CHM file can be found in in the demos folder i.e CX-Supervisor Demo Applications\ActiveX\VBScript\VBS55.CHM But on Windows 7 its just easier to search for VBS blah blah. By the time you've typed the first few characters its normally found it already ! Still problems? let me know. BB