Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zeeshan

Pluto Jokab Safety PLC

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I am new to PLC. I want to implement the security system of the lab. I want to use Light curtains (2), Emergency stops (2) , AC sources, PC and some reset buttons for the lab. I am not sure which Jokab PLC i should use i.e. either B20 or B46. Kindly provide some guidance how to select the PLC based on the input and output. If someone has basic data about PLC description it will be highly appreciated. Thanks in Advance.

Sounds like you want someone to do your homework for you. Deciding which IO point and memory register to use is the basic starting point (at least for me it is). What is a Pluto Jokab?

Dear Michael, Did i said i am expert. Its not about doing homework. I am asking for comments regarding my query. I also mentioned if someone has any basic data about PLC description it will be good too. If you have any data based on which IO point and memory register are decided it will be helpful. Pluto Jokab : It is a PLC made by Jokab Safety. They have different version of PLC named as Pluto : B20, B46 etc.

General rule on Jokab, the B20 has 2 "Safe" outputs the B46 has four "Safe outputs". Either can have much larger number of "Safety" or regular inputs. What you describe could likely be done with just a Vital safety relay. http://www.jokabsafe...nd-tina-systems Edited by RussB

I agree with RussB. If you do not need the programmable aspects of Pluto, I would go with a Vital. We use them and try to reserve safety PLCs for only the large systems where a hardware solution would be too cumbersome.