Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AllenB

Barcode reader through HMI

13 posts in this topic

Hi All, I am new to this forum so I am sorry if this topic has already been covered. I have recently been working on a project by which a barcode scan starts the sequence. Im using a proface an AGP-3300T-FN1M and an AB PLC. The barcode scanner is connected via the HMI COM port. The barcode scan is initially stored within the internal memory of the HMI in LS0020. I was just wondering how the data from this gets sent to the PLC?? is there a set register area which it will transfer to?? Basically how does it get to the tags within the PLC? Regards

The transfer to the PLC is handled by writing a script, look in the help files for the Proface terminal.

This may not help you all that much, but hopefully is useful for others reading this thread. USB barcode readers (wired or wireless) like Wasp readers are really easy to use. The computer sees the input sting just like it was typed on the keyboard, so you don't have to do any special handling scripts. The device includes a "programming card" where you scan barcodes to tell it how to behave. For example, you might want it to insert a tab, carrage return, or space after each scan. You might also want to enable or disable the audible beep. These are all settings that are "programmed" by scanning the applicable code on the card. Edited by Nathan

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii I am new to AB rs logic software I am also using one SICK make barcode scanner which is connected to PLC and it transfer the data through ASCII 1734 module could you please tell me how to do the data transfer to PLC by using HMI without ASCII module. thanks

Although I do not know much about PLC, I can recommend you a Java QR Code barcode reader which I am using now. You can find useful and professional on that site. I was also told by one of my good friends. It's good to read barcodes. You can also find barcode generators there, such as QR Code Barcode Generator for Crystal Reports with guide, etc. Edited by PeterY

HMI Got a Part Number? Also, tell us the make/model of the Sick code scanner/decoder

Hi, your question is confusing for me. But I can tell you something. I have some experience of finding barcode solution. Last time I want to create barcode in VB.NET and then read the barcode in VB.NET. I put my request in Google and found that good site. I helped me a lot. You may take a look and I suggest you make full use of Google. Edited by dsfse

hi,buddy. welcome to our forum. for barcode reading through HMI, i think the first step is to download a barcode reader that fit your needs. there are a lot of readers on the internet and you can download it and follow the setps given by the product. i hope my suggestion can be helpful , good luck!

i am also new to this forum and not very professional in the barcode scanner, normally i just download the barcode reader i need to scan or read barcodes. recently i am usuing this QR code reading sdk. it is powerful and simple. you can have a try. hope it helps you,

though i do not know how to solve your problem ,need have a clear read about the information of barcode reader

Yes, your recommended barcode reading application is useful for me. I am looking for an easy to use barcode scanning application for c#.net project. Thanks a lot!

It is moderately hilarious how often the barcode reader spam posts actually attract other barcode reader spam posts.

It is indeed.