Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest arwooldridge

fx0n to fx2da interface

6 posts in this topic

Hi I'm a newbie to plc's and need to learn fast. I have an fx0n24 and a fx2da dto a module bought on ebay also an FX10DUE monitor/ keypad. I have medoc software and also downloaded GX developer trial. My question is can you interface the fx2DA to the fx0n series. The connectors don't match. I saw somewhere that the FX units were all compatible but was not quite sure what that meant. If you can't use the fx2DA is it easy to pulse width modulate an output to drive a motor inverter (the inverter should smooth out the pulses OK) is there downloadable code to do this? Regards Anthony

As no one replied I had better try to answer it myself! I see the connectors are both the same number of pins but one is minature and one is not so I assume that connecting the two via a suitable adaptor cable should work? I am assuming pin 1 to pin 1 pin 2 to pin 2 etc. can anyone confirm this? I see from the programming manual that a simple PWM output should do the trick. So I guess I don't really need the D/A module to drive a motor speed control inverter? Off topic, I picked up an AB micrologix 1000 also off ebay. Which is the better PLC the FX0n or the AB micrologix? I need to decide before I go too far down the learning curve on either. Regards Anthony

You can use the old FX extensions with the new FX0N (now obsolete) and FX1N and FX2N PLCs, but you do need an adapter. I don't have he part number here, but will try to get it at work tomorrow.... Personally I would have to say the FX2N is a better PLC than the Micrologix.

OK thanks, Is the adaptor just a cable adaptor? Does anyone know the pin arrangement? Is it pin 1 to pin 1 etc? I see there's a section on smoothing pwm output to drive a motor inverter, but you need transistor outputs for that. Regards Anthony

I think you need FX2N-CNV-IF. It's an adapter for communication between new FX plc with digital and special module of old FX series. You have to install on the right of your plc configuration. bye Max

Hello : As I have understand what kind of solution u r required is that u have some analog input and hmi and want to communicate with Fxon plc In my View You Should Have Fx-1n 14m es/ul fx2n 2da fx10du fxgpwin software interface cable and external power supply (optional) so you can connect all in that whay Fx-1n cpu +Fx2n 2daa then you will connect du unit with 8 pin din connector of plc