Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Guest_Sly

Rslinx Data To A Web Page

10 posts in this topic

Does anyone have code example to get plc information from rslinx and put it directly on a web page ?

Hi, i think than you cannot put plc data base directly to a web page. At my factory, I'm using rsview and rsview Web server. I did many rsview page with controllogix data base When all page are done, i'm using Evrsoft to bring these rsview page to HTML page. I wish than i help you. excuse my english, i'm a french guy.

Are you trying to show your ladders on a web page?

No i just want to display some address value from a plc directly to a web page using vbscript and not rsview32 object model any idea ?

Are you going to attempt to display the data via the Internet, or will the information be displayed locally in an in-plant network? (You probably already understand the idea of internal IP addresses that will not be passed out over the internet and those that will). I have managed to view data through RSLinx Professional and Visual Basic via an ethernet connection from a PLC to my office, but the data is displayed in the VB program rather than a web page. I have never actually done it before.... and I am sort of thinking out loud... but I am wondering if the concept of using something like VB6 and RSLinx and then creating a DHTML project in VB6 would work. Anyone try that before?

Hey! I'm also trying to firgure out the same thing. If you have any leads post them. I'll do the same. I want to post data from a control Logix though e-net to a intranet sever I have setup using Visual Interdev. I think AB has a SDK for RSLinx witch would be happy using professional if needed.

Did I mention that I know how to do this in VB but, when I tried to make a DLL or active X control it errors on LinkMode on the text box. I don't need real time streaming data just something that will update when a user refreshes or reloads a button.

Geessh read your tags thru VB/VBA and Place your HTML in your VB Code i have all examples it Actually Quite Easy to do

Please e-mail me some examples or show me. I would be very thankful. Like I stated I tried to just create one but, it didn't like it when I would change the state of the LinkMode. Send Me a example Jelectric@woh.rr.com.

Well I have been doing some research and it looks like you can't write VB code on a web page. If you need a active X control it must be configured in C++ or so I believe.Creating an ActiveX Control