Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Atchison

MP277 Live Graphing

10 posts in this topic

Is there a way I can take two data points, one for X-axis, one for Y axis, and as they update through the fieldbus graph them on a X/Y scale in realtime? Device outputs Force and Distance over fieldbus to the PLC and I want to graph them so as distance (X) increases the force (Y) I would get a rise over run curve.

I guess it can't be done using WinCC since no one has an answer. Any way of writing a 3rd party executable?

It's possible to graph in WinCC... go to your Tools Menu>Enhanced Objects>Trend View I use graphing a little....it took me about 3 hrs to get it working the way I wanted. You should make this a separate screen, fyi. Edited by FilterWolf
1 person likes this

With WinCC v11 x/y-graphs should be possible. I havent tried it though. With WinCC Flexible 2008 true x/y-graphs are not possible. The closest to x/y-graphs are buffered trend curves. The difference to realtime trends is that all the values on the x-axis are read from a DB in one instance rather than only one at a time. To make an x/y-graph "like" trend in the PLC code you have to calculate the y-values over the x-axis with fixed distance between each value on the x-axis. For WinCC Flexible PC RT, I use an active-x to get true x/y-graphs. It wont work on a Windows CE based panel like MP277 though.

I have WinCC V11, will I be able to create the trend on a MP277 or do I also need one of the TP700 Comfort Panels? Still trying to fight through this TIA Portal Upgrade....

Nevermind - I answered my own questions, you need the TP Panel for X/Y trends - now I just have to rebuild the entire application since I can't migrate it....gives me an error but doesn't tell me what the error is!! Thanks all!!

Are you so sure that x/y trends are not possible with MP277 ? If I understand it correctly, the x/y trends is a feature with WinCC v11, and thus when the firmware on the panel matches the WinCC version, the x/y trends should be there, yes ? I may be wrong.

If you insert a MP device into your V11 program the XY option is disabled for you to drag to your screen when building the unit design, apparently its smart enough to say XY is V11 but only on the new panels also!!

I think you can use the trend display function ,in the MP277,the value of the X axis can use variable,don/t must be constant.