Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
machinemaker

1400 ethernet

7 posts in this topic

How in the world do I configure the ethernet port on the Micrologix 1400? I tried the software (Rxlogix 500) and it is all greyed out. I tried the LCD display but can not figure out how to enter numbers on the LCD buttons. Do I have to spend more money on a separate program? Excuse my frustration with AB stuff. Maybe they need to get rid of all the old fuddy duddies and get new blood in the mix. I waste so much time trying to find information and figuring out how AB works.

Assuming that you are connected with a serial cable: Double Click Channel Configuration and then select the Channel 1 tab When I went from Direct Logic to Siemens TI-505 I said Ahhhh... this is nice. Greatest PLC ever When I went from Siemens TI-505 to Siemens S7 I said... my God, who in their right mind would ever want to program this S7 garbage. Give me my 505 back. Then I learned how to program the S7 and the 505 was used less and less. Along the way I had to also learn to program the SLC processors and while they weren't my favorite the were "alright" Then the Control Logix came along and now it's the PLC that I recommend and use when I can. I guess they are all good... once you learn their software Edited by Michael Lloyd

While online save the program so that you are sure you have the current data tables. Then go offline and modify the Ethernet settings. Download the resultant program. If you were connected via Ethernet be prepared for loss of communications. If so make any changes needed to your own PC Ethernet settings then go back online. Edited by b_carlton

You have to disable BootP (uncheck the box) then you can manually configure the IP Address.

Ken unchecking the BootP did the trick. Where do you get the instructions to do this stuff? I down loaded the manual and there is nothing on setting up the ethernet. I do find AB documentation lacking. And sparky, your right about new products, once you learn how to use them, it seems so easy! I remember doing work with Koyo and yes, it was frustrating doing the analog and ethernet at first, but now seems easy. It is just getting over the learning curve.

Glad to hear you got if going. The BootP disable is tribal knowledge Welcome to the tribe.

See link appendix G http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1766-um001_-en-p.pdf