Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rswolff

S7-200

6 posts in this topic

Hi Siemens Fellows; I have a Siemens 224XP processor and am having a problem establishing communications to it. I have both PC/PPI and PC/MPI cables and have tried both. Also tried all the available baud rates. I do not have a copy of the current plc program so I can't check the port settings. I was sure the PPI cable has worked in past, either at 9600 or 19200 baud. Any possible direction appreciated. Thanks, bob

The connection is PPI and you can request in communication by ticking the box to check all buad rates. I have seen also that some S7 200 series P.L.C's can be 187.5 baud and the standard PPI cables cannot communicate at that speed

Hi, new to PLC myself but did spend this weekend playing with Step7 Micro v4 sp8. Open a new project and go to Set PG/PC Interface. See that the Interface Parameter Assignment Used is PC/PPI cable and click properties. This is where you configure the Transmission rate and Station Address. Look at the Local Connection and confirm your cable is connected to the correct com port (COM1) if not using USB. Next, go to Communication and Refresh the connection. Hope that helps, Matt

If it is new PLC, you can not use MPI cable bacause PLC comes wuth ports set to 9600, and minimum speed on MPI is 19200. First use PPI to connect.
1 person likes this

Sparky is dead on here...listen to him.

Pay attention to the port number which you used for PC/PPI cable connection. This port number must be used on communication configuration (Set PG/PC Interface). Finally, refresh the connection. Once the communication was established, the system will give you station number to be used for further connection. From my experience, i have found that the port 0 was failure, the i removed to port 1 and communication was good.