Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vijaya

New to Omron

11 posts in this topic

i am new to Omron how can i set the Timer pv value using Mov Instruction.. i have used it but getting following error

I would suggest doing it a different way. Use a D register as the timer preset and use your MOV instruction to change the value of the D register. Be sure that the D register is initialized to an appropriate value before you try to use the timer.

A timer can only be directly modified using Block Set if I remember correctly. If you want to change the PV then follow Mendon Systems suggestion.

Vijaya Welcome to the world of Omron! What Omron PLC are you using? This will help us to provide more specific answer. In CP1L, CP1H, CJ1, CS1 PLCs, there are 2 different ways you can use timers and counters: BCD and Binary (HEX) ranges. BCD Timers / Counters have a range of #0000 to #9999, and Binary Timers/ Counters have a range of #0000 - #FFFF (&0 - &65535). If you are using a CJ2M or CJ2H PLC, you do not need to select between using BCD or Binary Timers/ Counters. You can use both types of timers / counters in a program. For CP1L, CP1H, CJ1, and CS1, you make a choice of using BCD (default) Timers / Counters or Binary Timers / Counter by right clicking on the PLC in the tree view in CX Programmer, and selecting Properties. You can put a check mark in Execute Timer/ Counter as Binary to select the Binary timers / counters (TIMX, TIMHX, and TMHHX, instuctions). There is also a 'long' version of the 100 ms resolution timer (TIML (BCD) or TIMLX(Binary)) Unfortunately, the Totalizing Timer that you are using is not available in a long version, so the range is limited to &0 - &65535 (0 - 6553.5 seconds) The other way that I tackle this type of timing is simply use some of the P_xxx system bits such as P_0_1s to increment a UDINT value, as shown below.

Hi all, I am using CJ1M CPU22 PLC i am facing few problems I want to move my Accumulated(PV) value of Timer/Counter to an Word how can i do that using MOV Instruction. and then divide this value using DIVIDE instruction I want to know how much time haas been accumulated in my timing and counting Instructions and i want to display this instruction in a word register. Thanks, Vijaya

I think PMCR has given an excellent explanation, no reason to open more topics and repeat the same questions. I have merged the 4 topics here.

@ I want to move my Accumulated(PV) value of Timer/Counter to an Word how can i do that using MOV Instruction. and then divide this value using DIVIDE instruction @ I want to know how much time haas been accumulated in my timing and counting Instructions and i want to display this instruction in a word register. --> Use clock pulse bit and (your execution condition) to register value in DM area using @++B instruction. --> to see PV value In DM area use [MOV T(NUMBER) D(ADDRESS)] eg: [MOV T000 D100] --> to see counter value use [CLC] [(sub)- #SV C0000 D100] or --> [MOV C0000 D200]

Hi all, In which register i will find the Timer /Counter Accumulated value. I want to use the Timer/counter Timed or Counted Value and store this in register In RSLogix5000 we have ".ACC" Field where in we find the accumulated value of timer/counter.. I am new to Omron Please help me out with a way Thanks, Vijaya

If you are using timer 5, then the accumulated value is in T5. Also, the done bit is T5. The PLC will use the done bit when you refer to it with a contact or a coil (or some other bit level function) and the BCD or integer value (depending upon which you are using) when you use a word level function. There is no timer timing or timer enabled bit. You have to construct your own ladder to make these bits. Good luck.

Generally they are in the Txxxx and Cxxxx registers in memory although that differs slightly in the older PLC models like the CPM and CQM series. Timers and counters normally count down to zero, so the value in the register is the remaining time or count value not the accumulated value.

Hello everybody! anyone know how to use CSUB ( calendar subtract ) since Im new to the PLC world. For me, I use CP1L type and does it has RTC?