Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The_Merovingian

ProfiBus On SLC

6 posts in this topic

Hello I am hoping someone can help me with a SLC5/03 with SST-PFB-SLC Profibus scanner I have a SLC503 With a SST-PFB-SLC profibus scanning installed in slot 1. We have an obsolete device failure, I have a new device with relevent GSD files. But, I am only able to locate 3 or the 20 device GSD files. I am only deleting one device and adding the new device to the SST-PFB-SLC scanner, but in order to do this I need to download the current config modifiy it then upload it. Do I need to have all relevent GSD files even though I am only make alterations to 1 device? I have contacted the manufacture but there number just rings I get a french message then the line goes dead. Any help will be very appreciated. Regards Nick

I'm not familiar with working with SLC503 and profibus but I have experience with profibus and Schneider Electric's Unity software for their PLCs. We couldn't download the config file. The config file for those PLCs actually gets converted and can not be "unconverted". The original config file was lost and I had to get all of the other devices' GSD file and recreate the config file for the entire line just to add one new module. I would assume that if you can get the configuration file created from the profibus config software, then you would only have to update the one GSD file. If you do not have the config file from the profibus config software, you're probably going to have to recreate it including details for every one of the devices.

Has any one hooked up an altivar 61 e-flex to a profibus system. The plc is an AB control logix system. Edited by jtashaffer

Thanks Tishalane, I finally managed to contact the manufacture of the ProfiBus card, they also informed me I will need all GSD files. I guess back to the drawing board. Nick

I'm actually kind of surprised that you can't find all of the gsd files. They're usually all online somewhere.

I've hooked up an altivar 61 to a profibus system.