Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimWilborne

Manually uninstalling RsLogix 5000 v18

5 posts in this topic

I seemed to have broken my RsLogix 5000 v18 really good. V17 works, V19 works, but V18 only comes up with a splash screen for about 5 minutes then disappears. I was working last week. I tried to repair the installation, it completed fine but still doesn't work. So I tried uninstalling the application but it hangs on "Unregistering modules". Any thoughts manually uninstalling this or how to get it back going?

How long ago did you install V18? If it was recently. Did you have Windows restore running? If so, fire that up...go to the calendar, and click on one of the BOLD dates previous to the jacked up V18, and restore your system. It might be a messed up registry entry or something. That's normally what I do to get rid of hung software.

It's been over a year, maybe two. Last resort have a backup image from a month or two ago I can pull out.

I had the same problem recently (within the last month) with Logix 5000. My IT dept had automatic updates on and there was a Microsoft update that caused it to hang. I had to restore my PC twice and only then would IT disable auto updates. This was on a Win 7 system with RSL5K running in XP mode.

I should have mentioned I'm running Windows XP SP3. No recent Windows updates.