Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
daniel birkbeck

Please Help --- Omron CX Designer Master Settings Password to PLC CIO Memory

8 posts in this topic

Morning Folks, Could someone please help me out here. NOTE: NS12 & NS10 Omron Hmi's are being used On CX Designer you set your password levels up for example level 4 - Password = 1234 Is this stored into the PLC Memory? I have been reading the CX Designer Help Guide and i have found the String addresses and were they are located in the PLC but there does not seem to be any figure in here? Please can someone help.. if more info is needed please just say. Kind Regards.. Dan

If you are using the built in password function of the HMI, no, they are not stored in the PLC. It is possible to map a register over to the PLC that tells you what level password has been entered, but I am unaware of how to map the password over.

@Sparky Thank you for your comment. i will keep trying. i will hopefully find a way.

$SB54/58 can be mapped to the PLC, indicating level 1-5 from the NS. This is done in the System Setting/Initial tab. You can add a PLC area that the NS will write to in the $SB/$SW Allocation address fields... These can be really useful for many things.

Thank you i will try this. i just hope it will alow me to change more then one screen password at a time... aslong as my tags are set up correctly i dont think i will have a problem. Cheers lostcontrol

What String address's are you talking about, & what are you actually trying to do? If we know more, then we could maybe assist with a solution that way.

Lost Control - I am trying to change the HMI Password Example Level 5 - via PLC Kind Regards...

Cannot be done that I know of. Easier option would be do create the password in the PLC, then use a bit to interlock whatever you want in the screen. This way the PLC & NS can change passwords, just not using the NS security features.