Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Muhammad Daniyal

Add PowerFlex in RSLogix5000

3 posts in this topic

Dear All, I am intermediate to using the RSLogix500. My project is concerned to add PowerFlex 700 drive that is communicating over ControlNet Redundant Media 20-COMM-C module. It is requested that kindly guide me the procedure how to give commands to change Frequency and Start or Stop the drive and display the Alarms regarding Motors and Communication Disconnection by using the Tags in RSlogix5000. it is easy to understand if images past of above guide. Thanks MD

RSLogix500? with ControlNet? I'm guessing you'll have a 1747-SCNR module? Well it maps into Input, Output, M0 and M1 words. You'll need RSNetworx for ControlNet to configure the ControlNet network. Once you've configured the network and devices you'll know what the i/o mapping to the devices is. You'll also know what each word means (Command, Speed reference, etc.). Looks like you'll have a bit of work to do as well as s/w to purchase. bob

ok....looks like you missed a zero at the beginning of the post....if you're using RSLogix5000 you'll scroll down to the i/o configuration. Enter the CNBR module into the rack. Once the module is entered you can right click and add a module (in your case a drive) into the ControlNet scanner. Select the PF70 with the appropriate communication module. Give the drive a name for reference. This name will show up in the tag database. When opening the tag database you'll see the drive name with 'I' and 'O' listings. The outputs will give you access to start, stop, speed reference (they are named accordingly). The inputs give you status information. Don't forget to set the node address in the communication module on the drive as well as in the initial configuration when you added the drive. Good Luck. bob