Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kolonelvonklink

Keyence kv 40

5 posts in this topic

Hi I'm getting desperated by now I'm trying to program my keyence kv 40 Laptop W7 64 bits no serial port I installed virtualbox an vmware player with a xp pro 32bits in it I use a Tripplite keyspan USA 19HS USB to rs232 converter I come to a point that i see the USBrs232 converter do something, but my KV ladder builder keeps saying: communication problem I first thought virtualbox was the problem but vmware doesn't helpme either Maybe you can please

What COM port is the adapter showing up as inside of VMware? Are you 100% certain that the port is properly installed and seen by the VMware machine? Are you setting your PLC software to use that COM port?

In device manager I first saw COM1, COM2, tripplite USB onverter on COM3 and LPT 1 I' ve tried with com 1 baud rate auto no succes, parity bit set to even no succes. There was no activity an the converter, The Led on the converter was blinking constantly In KV builder I could only choose between COM 1 and 2, I chose COM1 Then (in devicemanager) I've switched COM 1 to COM 4 and the USB converter to COM1 Then there was communication (the green Led flickering) but something is still wrong, result: the error message "a communication problem uccured..."

If I remember correctly, KV Builder is a Windows shell program that runs the old DOS program. This may answer why you see limited COM ports. If this is the case then you will not be able to use the USB to Serial adapter as the program is trying to talk directly to the COM ports hardware. Maybe someone here with more recent experience can confirm this or you can try their technical support. Edited by IO_Rack

That fact that it is blinking would indicate that the hardware is working though.... I assume you have tried various serial port settings in KV Builder?