Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
denise01

Display 2 Pages At Runtime

12 posts in this topic

Hello. I am sure I have managed to display 2 Pages when I run a Project but now it wont do it. I want to display data on 2 Monitors so one page will display on one monitor and the other page will display on the second monitor. Both pages are selected to display at Runtime but only one page displays. I am running the basic edition Runtime if that makes any difference. Regards Peter

doesn't the runtime diplay pages in a shell ? ie if the shell has shrunk to smaller then the two screen setup and defaulted back to one screen...you wont see the second page... just having a guess..

Not too sure about the shell Wombat will play around with the sizes of pages. Regards Peter

Have you extended your desktop to two monitors?

Yes jay. But the problem is that when I click Runtime just one page appears. Will redo the project tomorrow and see if I can run two pages. Regards Peter

Hello Jay, I managed to redo the Project at work. Managed to get two Screens displaying a Count for 2 Lines Production. I then intended to split the Screens and put one on one Monitor and the other Screen data on a second Monitor using VGA Splitters in the method that you described. Trouble is it seems that both Screens have to be moved in the same Project. When I try and click and drop a Screen it will only move within the confines of the Main Page. It appears I will have to buy another Runtime for a PC to feed another Monitor. Seems unfair to me. Whats the point of having more than one Screen at Runtime if you cant move it anywhere. Regards Peter

I'm gonna leave this one to Berti Baker.

Okay Jay, Hope Bertie can wave a wand.

Did i hear my name Hi Peter, It may be possible to do what you want - just. I think this could be a problem with "Maximise". The way Windows handles multiple monitors is like one big area. For example 2 screens showing 1024*768 appears to Windows just like one large area of 2048*768. You don't need a VGA splitter if you've bought a "Dual Head" graphics card - they just display the left and right parts of this image. The trouble is that a maximised window only ever shows on 1 screen. If this is your problem then here's how I'd resolve: 1) Run the Developer on the dual head PC and make sure it is "Restored" (i.e. resizable) 2) Resize the developer with the mouse to fit on BOTH screens e.g. 2048*768 3) You should be able to place your pages on the monitors as you want them. Note that for the second screen the position would be, say, Top: 0, Left: 1024 4) Make sure the Project->Runtime Setting->Startup->Display main window Maximised is UNTICKED. You probably want "Display caption bar" unticked as well so the user can't maximise himself. 5) Now when the Runtime starts, it should show unmaximised, and show pages on both monitors. That being said, it might not be the best feature for you, for example I wonder where popup MessageBoxes would go (which screen)? The sad truth is that NO windows application runs nicely on two monitor simultaneously and nicely handles Maximise and MessageBoxes. (any examples where I'm wrong anyone?) Finally, a second option (also avoids buying another runtime!) is simply to run 2 projects simultaneously. I'm not sure this is officially supported but if the projects are different, and comms is Ethernet then could be worth a try. Running 2 SR2 files at the same time ON THE SAME PC is within licence terms - just move 1 to monitor 1 and other to monitor 2. Try it out if you think this might work for you. Regards, BB

Well done, Berti!

Many Thanks Bertie, Unfortunetly I have already bought another Runtime. I get your point about maximising. My company wanted data displayed on a overhead monitor so thought best way was to use Supervisor. Settled down fairly well but I tried to run two Projects and I dont think you can. I think Supervisor is a bit stingy in the fact you have to keep purchasing Runtimes if you want to display on different monitors from one PC. Anyway had fun trying. Regards Peter

I have already tried to display two pages on two different screens, but it is impossible. It takes two computers and two runtime which communicated with the PLC, this is completely ridiculous, especially at the price they sell their products. Regards Jacques Edited by JacquesB