Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rajsiyer

Installing RSLogix 5000 on Windows-7 Ultimate

8 posts in this topic

Hi friends, I am sure many others have had this issue. I bought a new laptop and loaded it with win-7 ultimate. Next I tried installing RSLogix5000 v19.00. Amongst the prerequisites lie dotnetfx v1.1. The install attempts to put in dotnetfx but then it only results in an exception error.. so no RS-Logix, despite the presence of dotnet v. 3.51 already existing as part of Win-7! Has anybody found a solution. The Rockwell site says that RS_Logix is fully compatible with win-7... So help me out guys. Thanks a million for looking in. Regards, best wishes Raj S. Iyer Edited by rajsiyer

There is a detailed workaround for installing RSLogix 5000 version 19 in Windows 7 64-bit described in Rockwell Automation Knowledgebase Answer ID # 117030.

Thanks Ken, I've not been able to look at your link since it is for those covered under some Tech-support contract. Even so, I've solved it. Basically, you require BOTH dotnetfx (1.1) and dotnetfx(3.5) for the set-up to run correctly. Since Win-7 comes bundled with ver.3.5 dotnetfx doesn't install. So you need to create a .msi installer package which combines both dotnetfx and it's SP-1. Once this combination is run as a setup, the installation proceeds smoothly. I've attached the installer file netfx.msi for anyone else who faces this problem. Regards, & thanks a million Raj S. Iyer netfx.zip

Which is more or less what that Technote says. Rockwell Automation TechConnect is an ordinary paid support service for telephone and online support, software and firmware upgrades, and the Knowledgebase. Most large RA users and all RA integrators use it extensively. Thank you for posting that combination installer ! Edited by Ken Roach

Install VMWare on the PC and setup a Windows XP in VMWare. You can then install all the Rockwell software you want inside the XP machine (inside the Windows 7 machine) and it will work flawlessly. http://www.vmware.com/products/player/overview.html

No need to install VMware in Windows 7 for RSlogix5000 just install RSLinx 2.58 then every thing will be ok... i already try that in our laptop and PC.....

Dear all members, Could you help me how to install & active RS5000 on Windows 7 -64bit? What version should I use? How to active when I can not install Floop A ? thanks