Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pszczepan

WIN7 64 bit & XBT-L1000 transfer problem

5 posts in this topic

Hi Using XP mode in Win7 and converter USB>RS232 I can be online with PLC using PL7 PRO v. 4.4 Using the same settings I have problem to transfer application from XBT-L1000 to Modicon HMI. First I get info - panel memory erasing and after that - download pages failed. I did it from PC win win XP. I heard that transfer is possible from win 7 32 bit via XP mode. Do you have any experience with Win7 64 bit. thanks in advance for some trick or clue

I have never had good results with XP Mode. I only use VMware. I have a VMware image I built with Windows 2000, and I use it for all old legacy titles like that.

As my actual PC OS, I have one with Windows 7 64 bit and one with Windows Vista 64 bit. But that doesn't matter inside VMware. The OS in the virtual machine is totally independent of the host OS on the PC.

I installed VMware and Win XP with service pack 3 and not yet success. Transfer application failed. I use USB->RS232 converter made on CHIP FTDI and when I changed chip parameters I got little bit better result but max it was 16% when transfer failed. The same converter and cables and regular win XP 32 bit and perfect transfer without any problem. For me there is some problem with drivers for 64 bit OS. What converter do you use and have you worked exactly with that software XBT-L1000 ?