Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
arpix

Omron Programming PLC TIMERS

29 posts in this topic

Hi Dick, thanks for getting back. This is what gets displayed in the ladder diagram when I enter H10. the reason is the following entry in the symbol table Regards Steve

Steve: I'm not sure what is going on. Here is what happens when I duplicate your rung in CX-P version 9.5. I created a symbol table with the same symbols that you have listed. Notice the difference in the way that the timer is displayed and that the timer is at preset when output 1.03 is off. The only suggestion that I can come up with is to try creating a stand alone program with only the timer rung and those symbols and test it that way. If that works OK then look for a duplicate symbol or timer used twice type of error.

Thanks for you help Dick. I am an idiot ..... :( and waisted your time. The problem was I hadn't uploaded the code changes I did to the PLC and it just didn't work correctly.. I realised this when I tried to test a simple *U (Multiply) and the result was just gibberish as well, then it hit me that I hadn't uploaded the code. Anyway, it all works great and I apologise again for wasting your time. Regards Steve

Yeah .... happens to all of us sooner or later!! I've lost count of how many times I've done that. The other one is forgetting to cycle power after making changes to the I/O setup!! That one has bit me a few times also.