Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BobLfoot

RSLINX BREAKS - but only for one PLC

11 posts in this topic

The Processor is a Compactlogix 1768-L43/B with Version 19.011 Firmware the ethernet Card is a 1768-ENBt/A with 4.001 firmware in it. My RSLINX is version 2.55.00.16 and I have the latest EDS files for both ethernet and plc from AB website. RSlinx will show me the nic but not the processor. The processor will connect serially and show me the ethernet jsut fine. When I check the event log of rslinx I see "Can't Set port to 288: no Harmony object fot this ethernet. Error receiving data from Ethernet Interface [10053] Software caused connection abort". No what is strange is put the IP in IE7 and you can see everything fine. Wionderware using rslinx on other PC can see the data table and read it but not Write it. [bEGIN RANT] Three chat sessions with RA Tech Connect have wasted 10-12 minutes each and yet to find a tech to assist me. Two phone calls to my Tech Connect number have hung up on me, before a person answered. The third phione call reached me a real nice fellow, never got his name, who gave me a ticket number and said "I'll connect you with the RSLINX folks". That was 35 going on 40 minutes ago. [END RANT] So what is next.

Did you blow away the harmony files? This fixes at least half of my RSLinx hassles.

Yeah Okie - I have now isntalled RSlinx 2.59.01, every imaginable eds file, blown away the harmony.

The errors I am seeing. linxerror1.pdf linxerror2.pdf

I realize it probably falls under "imagineable" but be sure you've installed the EDS for the 1768 backplane. Seeing the 1768 Ethernet module but not the backplane suggests that the backplane object EDS (which is separate from the CompactLogix CPU and the Ethernet module) isn't registered correctly.

Yeah Ken - I thought the same thing. You'll never guess what it was. Someone and we don't know who changed the unit from 100-half duplex to 100-whole-duplex. Changed it back and magically it works. Funny thing is even with crossover cable it needed to be 100-half to work. EDIT - Also in one PC case had to update 2.54 RSlinx to at least 2.55

I have had this same issue with the Compact ENBT with the same firmware, If you reset the ENBT Module the Processor will appear for an unknown amount of time. Resolution: Rockwell replaced both ENBT Modules under warranty.

Did RA give you a Tech Note or anything that documented this for others?

Did you try re-installing the processors version 19.011 firmware over the top? I had a 1769-L32E with 1769-SDN, on random occasions the SDN would disappear and all the nodes from Linx giving you no other option to edit the network using RSNetworks. The only option was to re-flash the processor with the existing firmware and waalaa!

Sorry for the late response, Here is some information from my Rockwell Rep. Unlike the 1756-ENBT, the 1768-ENBT will not function without the controller. This ENBT may time-out on power-up if it doesn't see the controller in time. Sometimes the boot-up of the controller takes longer than the boot of the ENBT causing this timeout. It can appear to be fixed when a soft restart is issued (After a Flash, Reset from Logix,, or a change of duplex setting). There are 2 possible work-arounds for this: #1. Add code in the controller to automatically reset the ENBT using an explicit message and the First Scan bit. OR #2. Change the ENBT to Autobaud - This will make the ENBT boot up slower and in turn allow more time for the controller to boot. Firmware Version 4.004 which is now released is supposed to fix the issue. I have not personally tried it yet though.

Sorry for the late response, Here is some information from my Rockwell Rep. Unlike the 1756-ENBT, the 1768-ENBT will not function without the controller. This ENBT may time-out on power-up if it doesn't see the controller in time. Sometimes the boot-up of the controller takes longer than the boot of the ENBT causing this timeout. It can appear to be fixed when a soft restart is issued (After a Flash, Reset from Logix,, or a change of duplex setting). There are 2 possible work-arounds for this: #1. Add code in the controller to automatically reset the ENBT using an explicit message and the First Scan bit. OR #2. Change the ENBT to Autobaud - This will make the ENBT boot up slower and in turn allow more time for the controller to boot. Firmware Version 4.004 which is now released is supposed to fix the issue. I have not personally tried it yet though.
1 person likes this