Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PLC_007_BOND

INTERFACING MITSUBISHI Q SERIES PLC TO PARKER PC INTERACTX HMI

11 posts in this topic

HELLO EVERYONE I AM USING MITSUBISHI Q20 CPU FOR MY PROJECT. I AM USING PARKER PC INTERACTX HMI SOFTWARE AS A GUI. INTERACTX HAS GOT MITSUBISHI ETHERNET DRIVER TO COMMUNICATE WITH MITSUBISHI Q SERIES PLCs. bUT SINCE I HAVE USED IQWORKS FOR PLC PROGRAMMING AND CONFIGURATION AND I HAVE USED LABELS IN MY PROJECT. DOES ANY BODY KNOW HOW TO ACCESS THESE LABELS IN INTERACTX ETHERNET DRIVER FOR MITSUBISHI? OR IS THERE ANY OTHER METHOD BY WHICH I CAN ACCESS MY PLC TAGS IN INTERACTS SOFTWARE? ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

All labels that are defined via "System Labels" are random addresses, hence you cannot access them from any HMI. You will need to manually address "Global Labels" so that you can access them from the outside. My suggestion, as I always do is to create another POU that you call "HMI" or something, then fetch all the interesting system labels and move/set/reset them into Globally adressed labels and use them in your HMI solution (any HMI solution). "System Labels" are automatically assigned during compilation, so basically if you add one label inside your program, all labels that are compiled after the new one will have the old address + 1. In essence you never know what addresses are used by the compiler.....

hi i have imported all system labels into gloabal labels. then also i will hav to do this? have u got any idea abt parker PC InteractX software? Is any OPC server that could access these labels directly?

Of course you can access all variables in the PLC directly from any kind of HMI, however as mentioned: The compiler assigns addresses automatically, so if you use addresses in the HMI these can change in the PLC after a compile. You have to either: 1. Make a new POU as mentioned before 2. Go into Global Labels and assign specific addresses to the variables that are interesting Alternative 2 is the best option. Then you simply type in a free (non system label) address and you will see in your Global list that the device you need have a static address, while the others are handled by the compiler (no specific address in the Global list)

thanx kaare_t i got ur point but i was just looking for simpler and time saving option which will reduce my development time and brain work similar to Rockwell access labels directly irrespective of their memory addresses. have u used parker pc interactX software any time?

No, I haven't used that particular software but I bet it's basically the same as all other HMI/SCADA/PC software, you address the variables you need to access directly in the software or by importing the GVL.

Nobody outside of the Mitsubishi iQ Works suite can read system labels directly. The system label database exists on in Melsoft Navigator and the titles within. Use a GOT1000 operator terminal, and you have no problems. For your device, you'll have to define addresses for each label. There is no way around it.

thanks crossbow and kaare_t for your help now i have lot of work to do of data entry Edited by PLC_007_BOND

hi, but in Melsoft navigator when we assign devices to the label by setting address range automatically from GXworks2. In that case i could see the addresses assigned to each label. and every time i compile those addresses remain unchanged. Can I use the same address in my HMI? or they r random assigned?

They are randomly assigned. They start at the top of your global label list and work down. Add a label in the middle, all the rest of the addresses will change. Bets not to use automatic assignment if you want to use a third party HMI.