Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
plcman

Factorytal View Studio problems

5 posts in this topic

Hi I am trying to do a simple mod to a project on a factorytalk view me system. I got the packaged file from the developer and opened it up into FT view studio, it opens fine, I add a tag and a numeric item to a screen then turn it into a .mer file and load it into the versview plus 1000. I get various comms errors so I assume that the packaged file I got from the developer wasn't upto date. So next I upload the working .mer file from the screen, use the application manager to turn it back into an editable file, again do the 1 tag mod, turn it back into a .mer and load it onto the screen and I get errors at startup on a blue banner. a sample of the errors are ! write 1 to PV\Pagenum ! write 45 to {PVSys_seconde} ! write 2 to {PVSys_minute} !unable to open display If I clear these and go onto the hmi screens, it appears that I am able to operate it ok writing and reading from the PLC. It seems very weird that adding a single tag can do this. My problem is that I only have a couple of hours between shifts at this place to get it going else I have to revert to the original program for production. Any help or anybody elses experience would be gratefully received.

I'm pretty sure it's as simple as adding the correct PLC communications to the RSLinxEnterprise section. Unfortunately the comms setup doesn't come through with just the .mer file. Are you talking via Ethernet? If so, it's as simple as opening "Communication Setup" under RSLinx Enterprise on the left-hand tree. Once this is open and your computer is on the plant network, on the right pane you should see a tree called EtherNet and list of all the PLCs on the network. If not, just right click on EtherNet select Add Device. Find the type of PLC you're trying to communicate with, type in it's IP address / slot, etc. On the left pane there should be Device Shortcuts, which is the link to your PLC. Select the device shortcut (it could be named anything), then select your PLC in the Ethernet Pane. Hit the Apply button, then hit Copy from Design to Runtime. I would suggest at this point you test your application on your computer to be sure that the comms are working. Go to Tools, Test Application. Once you're satisfied that it's working, type 'X' to close the application. One more important thing: when transferring your .mer to the panelview, make sure to CHECK the boxes that say "Run application at start-up" and "Replace Communications".

Opps, just saw that you're able to write and read to the PLC. I'd try looking at the tags where you're getting errors to see what they're connected to. It's pretty common to get a blue error screen once at start-up though. Edited by gitargr8

gitargr8 Many thanks for your time in replying, but the comms on this system are DH+ not ethernet. I don't know if it only happens at first powerup though as holding up production at a major motor car manufacturer can be costly, I just reverted to the working s/ware asap :) so maybe next time I will try off and on again.

Seems to me that your might check your startup/global or other macros. Those messages are what I see when a line in a macro couldn't execute properly due to a lack of comms. Might just be a timing issue.