Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ASForrest

WALLCLOCKTIME in v20

3 posts in this topic

Hi all, I've got an issue with a WALLCLOCKTIME command. It appears to be tracking to UTC - when it returns the data it gives me everything correctly except the hours DINT is 10 hours behind. Not so coincidentally, my time zone is UTC+10 hours. When I change the time zone on the controller, even though the time displayed in the controller parameters window changes, the DINT from the GSV doesn't. I don't think I've done anything any different to how I've done it before - although I have just updated the firmware on this PLC to version 20, and there was a popup when I did that mentioned synchronising times to UTC. Unfortunately, I didn't pay as much attention as I probably should have done to what it said, but either way I'm suspecting this is something new to FW version 20. Does anyone know how to change it so that it tracks local time instead of UTC time? At the moment I've just rolled the clock back 10 hours, but that's really not an ideal solution. Cheers :)

Actually, the object has been changed since v16... If you previously used the DateTime with a GSV and it is now off by the number of hours your time zone differs from GMT, try using LocalDateTime in the GSV... see the GSV/SSV Objects inside RS5000 online help. KB Technote 37953 contains more infos on this subject. - fuzzy logic

ahhhhh yes, that's what I missed. the attribute I was looking at within the WALLCLOCKTIME was DateTime, not LocalDateTime. Thanks!