Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KenE

QJ71E71-100 not doing anything?

19 posts in this topic

Hi guys, Just got a QJ71E71-100 ethernet card recently for a Q02H system, plugged it in and went through the quick start guide I have. So far I can't even ping. All I'm trying to do is set up the card as a TCP/IP server to send and receive ascii data to a PC... nothing extraordinary. Here is what I have set up currently: I cant seem to ping the thing nor can I connect to it with GXworks2 or Putty (at port 4000). The LED status is as such: RUN:ON INIT:ON OPEN:OFF SD:OFF ERR:OFF COMERR:OFF 100M:ON RD:FLASHING (activity) I'm not even sure what to try next, any ideas? Thanks, Ken

ping worked for me, but i made sure not to turn it off... (see the radio button above Cancel?)

That radio button has nothing to do with the ability to ping the module. It is the selection of protocol to use when activating KeepAlive packets against another ethernet device. What IO settings/Switch settings do you have for the module with start IO 00 (your ethernet card)?

Starting IO address of 00 tells me that it's installed directly next to the CPU. Is that right? Because you said you just got it, I assume it's a PLC which already has modules on it.

I agree with kaare_t, this setting is just for keeping the connection open. I've seen this on TCP programming in windows and Linux. Thank you though, Ken

As to Crossbows reply, I am using an empty spare rack on my desk, so that is why it is in the first slot. There is nothing else installed except the PLC. In reply to kaare"t, the setup of the card is as follows: slot: 0(0-0) type: Intelligent points: 32 startxy: 0000 errorresponse: clear plc operation at error: stop switch settings: all blank The quick start I had didn't say anything about switch settings so I didn't even think to go in there. I'll double check with the big manual just to make sure. I know that for modbus card you have to enter the IP address, but the setup for this card seems to be much better detailed (assuming I get it to work, at least). Thanks for the help. If you guys have any other ideas I'd appreciate it. Ken

Can you also post a printscreen of "Open Setting" and "Operation Setting"? Have you remembered to switch the PLC OFF/ON (reset) after making changes? Could you also try to format the PLC's memory (I've seen that the memory is corrupted and affecting the settings-files in the memory).

I have screen shots of open setting and operation setting in the first post. They are the first two images. I have done both reset and full power up several times but that didn't work. I will now try to format the memory, it can't hurt. Thanks, Ken

What IP is your computer? Are you running within the same scope? If not you'll need a router relay parameter for your default router/gateway in the PLC scope and the correct routing from your PC scope.

They are on the same subnet which for me is 192.168.169.xx and they are plugged into the same unmanaged switch in my office. Ughhh.... I'm starting to wonder if I have the very rare malfunctioned Mitsubishi PLC card. I only have one here for development at the moment so I can't easily swap out the hardware. I may have to get the distributor in here to verify I'm not doing anything wrong and try another piece of hardware that they bring. BTW, I couldn't find format PLC, but I did do the delete from the download screen and then re-upload. One fishy thing is that the dates on my download are for last friday morning even though I've been editing, saving, and compiling since then (and changing parameters to try different things). I'm not sure why this is that way. Maybe I'll start a new project to see if the project is somehow corrupt. thanks, Ken

For GX IEC Dev.: "Online->File Info" If so, you can open "File Info" and delete all the files located in every memory and then re-download the program. For GX Dev.: "Online->Format PLC Memory", format all possible memory areas and re-download the program. I think you have an old init file or something that corrupts your new settings.... EDIT: Just saw you have GX Works2, I think you should have some format/delete memory possibilities under "Online".... Edited by kaare_t

Found it, but it didn't make a difference after I formatted, re-downloaded, and then reset the processor. I started a new project with the bare minimum requirements to send to the card and no luck.

Have you tried GX Dev. og GX IEC Dev. just to cross-check? Maybe there's something with GX Works2...!?? Sounds strange that Mitsubishi has problems with the hardware....

https://rapidshare.com/files/2073465091/EthernetQFixedBuffer_V100.zip see here

I don't have access to GX IEC Dev at the moment with this laptop (64 bit win7 machine). I've been in touch with my distributor but they haven't been able to help me out yet. Am I right in thinking that once you set the basic settings like IP address that these cards should respond to a basic ping request?I would think you don't even need to set up a "connection" setting just to get the thing to respond. In the last go around I had just a melsec connection set up but to no success. I've done quite a bit of TCP/IP programming with Windows and Linux and I just can't figure out why this is so difficult. I am definitely leaning toward something being just plain wrong. Maybe I'll see if I can get IEC developer installed in a virtual XP machine just to make sure its not the software.... Thanks, Ken

I've installed GX IEC on my Win7 64bit without problems, however it is not officially supported, but just install it - no problem!

These are the settings that worked fine for me with IEC Devloper

I've got it. I talked with someone at my distributor and after confirming the settings (as you all did) he mentioned to just try a crossover cable to the module. This worked. To make a long story short, the problem seems to be related to something on our corporate LAN that was not liking the IP address I was using. I had temporarily used an IP address that was reserved on our DHCP server (ie. static) that was currently assigned to the MAC address for a spare piece of equipment (it wasn't plugged in at the time). I have done this in the past with other things and had no issues. Some piece of equipment somewhere must have been not liking the MAC address of hte mitsubishi device or something like that because it would all work when I put everything on a local switch in my office but unplugged everything from our LAN. Thank you all for your help. Ken Note: I now have a new static IP reserved for this device and it works flawlessly plugged into the LAN. Edited by KenE