Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alanled

Fx series connection

5 posts in this topic

Hi folks, I have a simple question for some of you, how do I connect a SC-09 cable to a FX series plc which also has a E100 display plugged in? is there a through plug or splitter which can be purchased a bit like siemens profibus piggy-back connector. Many thanks for your help.

You can't connect both at the same time. Higher E-series has two ports (485 and 232) and you can set it up as transparent mode and connect the HMI prog cable to the RS232 port on the terminal and then route to the PLC. But not on the E100...

many thanks for your help, I checked the back of the e100 and it does have a rs232 port as well as the rs422, can I set this unit up in transparent mode? The reason I need to see both him as well as plc as I think the him is not sending commands to the plc Edited by alanled

My mistake, yes you can set up the RS232 port on the HMI in transparent mode, and via the CAB5 (HMI programming cable) you can go transparent through the HMI and to the PLC

Or, you can buy the FX(xx)-422bd, which adds another rs422 port to the plc you can plug into. I carry one around with me for this purpose.