Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rich M

MO2AE Gearing

34 posts in this topic

This took a little longer than I thought. Attached is a program I made to simulate the system using virtual axes. It's for a L1 processor V13 (all I have to play with) Also attached some trend plots to show the action. Gear+Cams.zip

Works pretty good. Singles look great. More than 4 look great. I'm having trouble just doing 2 in a row. Always wants to do 3. I'm pretty sure it's minor and will look more into it tomorrow. Ran out of time today. Thanks for this and I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow. If you happen to see anything, please let me know. Thanks,

Yes, 3 is the minimum. 1 for ramp down, minimum 1 at half speed, 1 for ramp up. I don't think you can ramp up without making a gap - at least I gave up trying. I suppose you could set up a special case where the ramp up is triggered during the ramp down - I'll leave that to you.

That's what I'll have to work on. We do a lot of 2 boards in a row. The single works darn good and 3 or more works great, now just need it to do 2 and were all set. By the sounds of it, you see what I've been up against. It's not that simple as everyone thought. I looked over your program and I have to say, your pretty good. But like you said, it took you longer than you thought. Thanks for all your hard work and thinking on this one. Not an easy one but I'll keep trying to get it. Once I do, I'll get the video of it actually working in production. Thanks agian everyone. If anyone has thoughts on how to do 2 in a row with this logic, please reply.

If you understand how everything functions in the program I provided, then following my suggestion to set a special case should not be difficult. Basically, bypass the cam that gives half-speed. ...just encouraging you to solve it yourself

I will and thanks for all your help. I enjoy solving things but this is a little over my head but I'm learning. Thanks again.

This was my first motion control application back in 1983. I had to slow the upstream lug chain down for one lug to make space for a cut into. Doing two or more cut in two in a row should be a problem. See this. http://deltamotion.com/peter/Videos/Phasing.mp4 My back ground is the saw mill industry. I worked for Applied Theory which is now part of USNR.

...waiting to see the video....how are you getting on?

I have some other controls I'm doing along with this. The gearing part is complete. I'm hoping to install with in a few weeks. As soon as I do, I'll post. I do have a question on the MAPC. If I want to change the start point of the Cut-N-Two for timming, how do I go about that. Right now on start up I tell the slave to go to the master position and then start the MAG. Then when doing a single, double or Multi cut-n-two they have there different MAPC instructions. The only way I have found so far is when starting up, put a value in the Master Lock Position before issueing the MAG instruction. I think it's becasue they are all Pending the previous cam. Am I on the right track or can you change this on the fly while running.