Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sorin.dumitriu@rdslink.ro

Makeing a retentive counter with 1Count 24V 100kHz ET200S module

4 posts in this topic

Hi! I am working on a project involving six counting modules 1Count 24V mounted into a ET200S rack with S7-300 master. The counters get pulses from relative encoders for monitoring rotary position. I need to maintain counters values during power off and these counter modules don't do that. I have created FB for reading/writing values from/to module but I do not know how to save counters values at power off. I've tried to copy the counters values to a retentive DB each cycle, but after restart the DB data is all zero. In OB100 I have programmed an intialization routine of the counters with the saved DB. After initialization I enable again the transfer from counters to DB. Any ideas how to make it work? Regards, Sorin

Hi, did you try to transfer the values to a memory area taht you will declare as retentive in CPU proprieties ? dekor.

I got similar issue with S7-400. When the power goes off, CPU stay alive more longer than ET200S. So your plc catch the value 0 before go to off state. I solve my problem by using an input tied to +24V in the ET200S rack. When the input is ON, I transfert counter value. Now when ET200S lose power, you catch only the good counter value. Good luck

Thanks for advice! Now I am using one power supply for CPU and ET200S instead of PS307 and auxiliary 24V P.S. But I had the same issue. The date was retained at power up, counter initialized correctly, but when I activated the software gate all counters were going to zero. Then I have looked in module parameters and found this parameter "Gate function" = Cancel counting procedure. Step 7 help on "gate function" parameter: So, I've changed to "interrupt counting procedure" and the counter remain unchanged when I am activate software gate. Regards, Sorin.