Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
denise01

Displaying Supervisor Data On Large Monitor

6 posts in this topic

Hello, I am about to purchase a 32 inch PC Monitor with the aim of displaying data from Supervisor. Has any one tried this. The image looks okay on a 12 inch monitor not sure about 32 inch. Also can any one tell me the maximum VGA cable length as the Monitor will be suspende overhead a distance from the PC. Regards Peter

If the graphics are designed for a 12" screen the image will sit in the middle as if it is on a 12" monitor - in other words 12" size/resolution. You can buy powered extenders for the cables - have never used them though.

Erm not sure about the resolution Bob. I assume the resolution can be altered in the PC settings, wont know until I connect to a larger monitor. Regards Peter

For example, a 12" screen may be 1024 x 768 and a 23" screen may be 1920 x 1080. The 1024 x 768 image will sit in the middle of the larger screen as a smaller image. Further the 12" screen will probably be fairly square and the 23" screen will be the wide screen type. Unless the graphics are designed for the 23" wide screen they will not fill the image area at all. Bit like fitting a round peg in a square hole. Edited by BobB

Ok Thanks Bob, I have tried the data on a 19 inch Monitor so will probably go with a 24 inch. All I am displaying is 3 text boxes and 3 9 digit counters so hopefuly will be ok. Thanks for your info anyway. Regards Peter

Hi I know it's too late, but to help others. I used VGA cables 250 feet without problems. Jacques