Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smario

communication between a TSX ETY port and a Prosoft convertor

3 posts in this topic

Hello! I want to realize a communication between a TSX ETY port of Modicon and a Prosoft convertor, via Modbus TCP/IP protocol. I try with IO Scanning but i cannot succed. Can somebody help me to setup ETY Port? Thank You, in advance.

I have never done the IO scanning with a TSX processor, but I have done it with a Quantum processor, and it worked in both Concept and Unity software to a ProSoft module. A couple of things to remember: 1) You can only have 5 I/O scan lists, matching the 5 server socket connections that are available on the ProSoft converter. (some ProSoft devices have more, but I think 5 is the minimum they support). 2) Make sure that the format for the Ethernet port is set for "ETHERNET" instead of "IEEE". In Concept, I had to change this, as this cause frames that were not TCP/IP frames to be sent out to the ProSoft module. The ProSoft module only supports Modbus TCP/IP. 3) I don't think I/O scanner will allow you to do more than this, but limit the count to 120 words of data or less. I think 125 is the max, but it would be good to be just a little under the max count and not right at it. Hope this helps.

Thank you i have succeed with the READ_VAR instruction, but i cannot read more than 125 Words. And another problem is that: after a power failure the communication won't start again until i stop and then rerun the PLC