Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
epicnote

1747-L532E major fault when adding MVI46-MCM

13 posts in this topic

Hello all, I have a problem to go RUN mode for my PLC. I am using 1747-L532E controller. It has turned to major fault (error code = 15Ch) when I want to switch to RUN mode. In the I/O configuration, consist of: Slot 0 = 1747-L532E Slot 1 = OTHER (MVI46-MCM) Slot 2 = OTHER (MVI46-MCM) I am using the sample ladder with some edited to suit with the I/O configuration. Anyone experienced this before?

xx5C: M0-M1 file configuration error. The user program M0-M1 file size exceeds capacity of the module. This error is recoverable Where xx is the slot number. I haven't used those modules, so I can't help you much more than that. Edited by OkiePC

There's probably an error in the code you modified, maybe a typo that attempts to address M0 or M1 memory that's larger than the block the MVI46 uses. I would troubleshoot by reducing the code to a single module, changing nothing except the Slot Number. Once you know that works, you can add the second module and the logic for the second module. If you can post the program here, maybe a Forum member can have a look.
1 person likes this

I have tried reducing the code to single module. I also did try using the sample ladder without any modification but still got the same. I have also try to create a new project and configured the I/O configuration only by adding the MVI46-MCM module in Slot 1 without any code in the project. But it still turn to Fault when switching to RUN mode. Is there something wrong with the configuration in Advanced I/O configuration because when I did "read IO config" at I/O Configuration to read the actual I/O, I got a different setting in Advanced I/O configuration of the MVI46-MCM which is not equal to the default MVI46-MCM setting as per manual and once I changed the M0 and M1 Length to 1024, the controller not turn to Fault when switching to RUN mode. Is there anything wrong also with the ID Code in the I/O configuration because when I did "read IO config" I got a different number from the default ID Code? Attached is the snap shot for the Advance I/O Configuration setting after I did the "read IO config". Thanks in advance PICTURE_1.bmp

Okay now the problem solved. It is because of the MVI46-MCM firmware. Just need to refresh the firmware

I am having this same problem, but cannot locate the firmware for download. Can you tell me where you got the update? Thanks.

Have you tried contacting ProSoft? http://www.prosoft-technology.com/content/view/full/5063

Yes contacted them, just received a reply. They want the serial number on card, no problem. They want the name of the distributor where it was purchased - problem. This was decommisioned and made it to me via ebay. I have no idea where it was originally purchased.

I have always had good (often great) support from ProSoft. Also- their firmware is usually available by download from their website. Oops... Apparently not. I couldn't find any firmware. I doubt if they will care where you got the card, at least not enough to prevent them from helping you. Just tell them the client doesn't remember where they bought the card. Edited by Michael Lloyd

I have received and successfully updated the firmware, Thank you Brain @ Prosoft. My new problem is data will not transfer. I am following the sample program HERE: http://www.plcdev.com/instructions_install_and_test_mvi46mcm_modbus_communication_module_slc500 I have checked and rehecked all steps, but still get all zeros in my Read data. Does anyone have an idea what I can check?

I have received and successfully updated the firmware, Thank you Brain @ Prosoft. My new problem is data will not transfer. I am following the sample program HERE: http://www.plcdev.com/instructions_install_and_test_mvi46mcm_modbus_communication_module_slc500 I have checked and rehecked all steps, but still get all zeros in my Read data. Does anyone have an idea what I can check?

I might suggest you reboot the card. Sometimes I have seen them not work as advertised after a update.

On 2.07.2012 at 7:11 AM, jim_ said:

Did you solve the problem with the mvi46mcm card, I mean no response by modscan.

I have the same problem